Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Monday, June 12, 2017

Time Out For The Mummy....

We should have stayed home... We went to see "The Mummy" with Tom Cruse. By the time it was over it shot to the top of my all time worst movie lists!

There was very little dialogue and LOTS of violence.  So much noise that it was hard to think about what was going on. Not my cup of tea! It has no connection to the ones that were out several years ago.  Any  resemblance, living or dead are purely coincidental.

Anyway, the hours wasted could have been put to better use.

I should have stayed home and worked on the She Shed!

I did the sides yesterday.  There is one piece of siding for each person.  I made up for the extra inch by running a vertical strip and a piece of plain wood.
I figure that most people doing a real She Shed don't worry about what the sides look like.  I will probably just paint that part.

I did half timber on the front and I will put on doors tomorrow.

I got the window framed in the back wall. I went back to a squared off top, rather than the arch that I had in the beginning.
Anyway, Tessie approves. I got gesso on the inside and out and textured it with a stencil brush.

Tomorrow will be a lot of painting and hopefully the doors and roof will go on.

It would be nice if Tessie decided that making a She Shed for her was not a spectator sport. 

I guess that's too much to ask.

Tomorrow will be painting and that's something that Tessie likes to do. She loves making messes...And not cleaning up... Maybe I will get a little help. 

Back to work.

See you tomorrow.

5 comments:

elizabeth s said...

How very disappointing that the movie was a big bust! Don't you just hate when that happens?
Anyway, I've gotten a chuckle over the name of your newest project: the "she Shed" which I imagine goes with Zar's 70's Man Cave, which you did a while back- I do believe that Tessie is one lucky little lady!

Giac said...

Hello Casey,
I am soy the movie was so bad...what a waste of time. the shed is really coming along beautifully!
Big hug
Giac

Marisa said...

oh comon, the mummy cant be any worse than the fast and the furious with that 100 mile run way scene, plus it's summer time for nothing but action movies (my brother is a big fan of action movies but his neighbors hate his surround sound, I dropped off my mother at his house and when I picked her up she was almost deaf) cant wait to see what you put in the she shed

hugs
Marisa

Caseymini said...

Marisa, I would say "go see it for yourself" but you're my friend and I wouldn't wish that movie on my worst enemy!LOL

Caseymini said...

Elizabeth, I didn't think up the name. They are all the rage here. And you hit the nail on the head. They are retaliation for the infamous.man caves". I still like "Lady Lairs" better. Easier to say.