Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Friday, June 16, 2017

Dirty and Clean... No Minis...

I did a lot of running out on the patio and doing a little work, then running back into the house to sit under the air conditioning today.

One of my bonsai pots got used for something else.  I had these succulents in two different pots.  The roots aren't deep, but the plants cover a lot of space.

Don't tell anybody that I am using a bonsai pot for non bonsai activities. I will be in trouble with the bonsai police.
 I got these two plants at Walmart last week.  I am still debating whether I want to put them in the ground or make bonsai out of them.  There are some really pretty bonsai made from these particular plants... However the ones on the net that are like this are probably thirty years old...

That's the only problem with these.  I am going to have to live to be at least 200 years old to see them mature.  I should have started doing this when I was 20.
I did manage to get the patio looking livable again.  Tomorrow I will repot more plants and it will be a mess all over again.
When I was in the house taking breaks, I stayed pretty much in the bedroom.  The wall switch for the cooler died and Walter had to go get parts and fix it.

I stayed in the bedroom because there is a big ceiling fan in there.  I cleaned out my bedside tray with all of the mini and jewelry tools in it.

Tessie sat and watched.  Made suggestions as to what should go where.  Then when I was finished, she grabbed on of the knitting needles and stood in the middle... I didn't ask what she was doing, but she told me anyway...

"I am going to make sure that you don't make a mess of this tray again. If you don't put things back where they belong, I am going to poke you with a BIG stick!"

I am not too worried.  What is she going to do?  Knit me to death?  Anyway, she's the only mini I touched all day today. I picked her up by the scruff of her neck and deposited her in the basket weaver's cottage. That's where her One Woman Chair is currently located.

No work on the She Shed.  Back to it tomorrow.

See you then!

No comments: